Stilbum cyanurum - Mozambique

[EN] Post your photos and ask for the identification
[IT] Invia le tue immagini e richiedi l'identificazione

Stilbum cyanurum - Mozambique

Postby Morot » 05 Oct 2013 06:32

http://www.projectnoah.org/spottings/41804023

I currently have an ID suggestion Cuckoo Wasp Stilbum cyanurum, perhaps someone in this forum could confirm this?

Best regards
Morot

Name: Morot Peterson

Re: cyanurum in Mozambique

Postby Euchroeus » 16 Oct 2013 14:18

Dear Morot :welcome:

Interesting finding and nice pictures.
Unfortunately I cannot be sure about the identification without specimen examination.
It should belong to the genus Chrysis, capitalis group, but also this ID should be confirmed. In fact, I cannot exclude that it belongs to the genus Chrysidea, since I cannot see the nervures on the wings.

For sure it is not Stilbum cyanurum, which is the largest African species, with 4 teeth on the anal margin of the abdomen and a large metanotal projection.

Cheers
Paolo
Paolo Rosa - www.chrysis.net
Euchroeus

Name: Paolo Rosa

Re: cyanurum in Mozambique

Postby Morot » 18 Oct 2013 11:43

Euchroeus wrote:Dear Morot :welcome:

Interesting finding and nice pictures.
Unfortunately I cannot be sure about the identification without specimen examination.
It should belong to the genus Chrysis, capitalis group, but also this ID should be confirmed. In fact, I cannot exclude that it belongs to the genus Chrysidea, since I cannot see the nervures on the wings.

For sure it is not Stilbum cyanurum, which is the largest African species, with 4 teeth on the anal margin of the abdomen and a large metanotal projection.

Cheers
Paolo

Thank you for this information Paolo ! I really apprechiate it!!!
Have a great weekend!
Morot

Name: Morot Peterson

Return to Pictures | Immagini