Chrysis gr. ignita - Italia

[EN] Post your photos and ask for the identification
[IT] Invia le tue immagini e richiedi l'identificazione

Chrysis gr. ignita - Italia

Postby anillus » 23 Oct 2013 17:41

Ciao Paolo,

so che questo gruppo non è affatto semplice da determinare tramite una foto; io ci provo ugualmente :)

Questo esemplare l'ho catturato ieri, nella terrazza di casa mia a circa 4 metri dal suolo.
E' una femmina di Chrysis del gruppo ignita; si può dire di più?

Lunghezza dell'esemplare: circa 8 mm.

22 X 2013 Toscana (SI)
Asciano, m 300
Leg. Petrioli A.
Attachments
anillus

Name: andrea petrioli

Re: Chrysis gr. ignita - Italia

Postby Alex » 23 Oct 2013 23:08

Nice pictures, I would assume that to get a better ID you would need also images showing the mandible thickness (in lateral view) its a very useful character, the same picture would also show the genal distance which is also good to have in some cases. And a shot of the transverse frontal carina would also be good, just to exclude the possibility of "ignita A"

:)

/Alex
Alex

Name: Alexander Berg

Postby anillus » 24 Oct 2013 00:33

Ciao Alex,

grazie per le tue risposte.

Ecco le nuove foto.

anillus

Name: andrea petrioli

Postby Alex » 24 Oct 2013 18:31

Again, good pictures - the mandible thickness is not easily photographed, I've tried and failed many times :doh:

The mandibles are very thin, although not "super" thin (as in leptomandibularis), so perhaps schencki is a good candidate? The brown pubescence on the head also agrees with it, but I'm still very inexperienced with the finer points of how to ID the ignita-complex. For example I still have no feeling for when a specimen is "stout" or when its "thin" etc etc...
It could be something completely different, although I would say from the look of the internal segments and the thin mandible that it is not part of the mediata, mediadentata, brevitarsis, pseudobrevitarsis type of species, rather the "inner" ignita-group (ignitaA/B, angustula [which it could perhaps also be] longula etc). From what I have seen it does not agree with ignita A, longula, and certainly not with corusca & ruddii, which leaves angustula, schencki, ignita B, impressa and comta.. and I dont have any experience at all with the latter two.

I will stop rambling now ;)

Hopefully someone with much more experience will answer the question :D

/Alex
Alex

Name: Alexander Berg

Return to Pictures | Immagini