CHRYSIDIDAE Holopyga sp.(?) [by Alex]

[EN] Post your photos and ask for the identification
[IT] Invia le tue immagini e richiedi l'identificazione

CHRYSIDIDAE Holopyga sp.(?) [by Alex]

Postby CarlosMMSilva » 18 Jan 2015 17:55

Hi
After some months and couldn't find a clue about this one i decided to put it here.
Maybe someone can give me a clue.
Thanks.
NOTE: photographed at home (Gemunde,Maia, north of Porto, Portugal, at 2014/JUN/02) on an Asteraceae sp, flower, on a tipical portuguese forest with Eucaliptus and Pinus and Quercus species, around.

NOTE: a Chrysura sp. or what?
Thank you
Carlos M. Moreira da Silva
Attachments
CHRYSIDIDAE sp.(.)[2014,Casa,bouça 'Dias']_P1180423.JPG
CHRYSIDIDAE sp.(.)[2014,Casa,bouça 'Dias']_P1180423.JPG (125.61 KiB) Viewed 1735 times
Last edited by CarlosMMSilva on 10 Aug 2017 02:00, edited 3 times in total.
CarlosMMSilva

Name: Carlos M. Silva

Re: CHRYSIDIDAE sp.?

Postby Alex » 18 Jan 2015 21:50

Beautiful!

Its a Holopyga sp., either H. miranda Abeille de Perrin 1878 or H. gorgozae Trautmann 1926. I've never looked at these species before, but when comparing it to a specimen I collected in Spain last year, and using Linsenmaier 1959 I'd say this is H. miranda (it has clearly more rounded "temlpes" when the head is seen from above), as the specimen I have looks more like H. gorgozae. But its only a guess.. hopefully Paolo can help us out :)

/Alex
Alex

Name: Alexander Berg

Re: CHRYSIDIDAE sp.?

Postby CarlosMMSilva » 19 Jan 2015 01:21

Hi Alex and thank you.

In fact the species you had guessed, both, are listed on portuguese Naturdata list of that genus, but until now all of them, all five, are not ilustrated. It was the first time i saw this one.
I'll wait for some possible check from somebody else, as you had written; thanks anyway ..i'll try to look for; maybe on spanish biodiversidadvirtual.org or even better (if it's there?) on the Chrysis.net list.
Thank you again.

NOTE: 'cause i had published from my dropbox public file and not by uploading, the photos doesn't appear on the list when i open the panel of forum pictures . But if necessary i'll reedit it.
Thank you ..because would not imagine that genus.

Carlos M. Moreira da Silva
CarlosMMSilva

Name: Carlos M. Silva

Return to Pictures | Immagini