Chrysididae from Denmark:

[EN] Post your photos and ask for the identification
[IT] Invia le tue immagini e richiedi l'identificazione

Chrysididae from Denmark:

Postby Brianwillum » 13 Mar 2016 18:16

Hello Chrysis.net

In the overview of the danish Chrysididae ( http://www.fugleognatur.dk/soeg_art_res ... alle&felt= ) I cannot find any with yellow legs and inner antennae, although I know a lot of them aren't represented with a picture yet. Is it possible to narrow this one down to a genus, and maybe species? It was found o the 19th of October last year in southern Zealand, Denmark.

Kindly, Brian.
Attachments
Brianwillum

Name: Brian Willum Petersen

Re: Chrysididae from Denmark:

Postby Alex » 15 Mar 2016 18:55

I'm afraid this is not a chrysidid, it belongs to the Chalcidoidea, probably the vast family Pteromalidae. There are several things that immediately distinguishes it from the Chrysidoidea, for example the venation, which is unique for chalcidoid wasps, no closed cells and a open costal cell and no real stigma etc. Also the antennae have too few segments, it Chrysididae there is always 13 segments (scapus, pedicellus and 11 flagellomeres), here there is only scapus, pedicellus and 7 flagellomeres.

All chrysidid wasps (in northern europe) do have a pitted integument in metallic colours, but it also occurs in many other non related families so it cannot be used alone to identify chrysidids. The lack of these two characters do however immediately exclude the family.
Alex

Name: Alexander Berg

Re: Chrysididae from Denmark:

Postby Brianwillum » 19 Mar 2016 14:43

Hello Alex.

Thank you very much for your answer. It is valuable information when you are all new to this field. I'll keep the characteristics in mind now.

Kindly Brian.
Brianwillum

Name: Brian Willum Petersen

Return to Pictures | Immagini