Last updated on December 27th, 2021
My interests are focused on Chrysidids, Macrophotography and Web design, pursued with my best professional approach thanks to the technical-scientific training that made me experiment study methods and laboratory practices.
From the particular intersection of such experiences an idea arose in my mind: to transform my private notes – written on my personal computer – into public pages for the multifaceted world of the Internet. Thus the embryo of the future Chrysis.net website was originated. The website saw the light at the end of 2000. Since then it has changed really so much, also thanks to the positive feedbacks provided by the first spontaneous visitors who acted as pioneer species in a territory ready to be colonized. Chrysis.net website has kept with time that mix of Science, Photography and Web design and is therefore an intimate expression of my own character and point of view. Chrysis.net is also a kind of fairly detailed trace of my existence.
The beginning of my historical interest in Chrysidids dates back to 1981, in remembrance of that first female of Hedychrum nobile caught by hand after a half hour of jumps and ambushes, and guarded today as a sacred relic. But only in the summer of 1985 I discovered how vast is the world of the small Chrysidids, when I experiencedthat a field of Umbellifers is something close to a paradise. Then the first information and the first fundamental contacts with eminent entomologists, including Guido Pagliano, Walter Linsenmaier, Maurizio Pavesi, Paolo and Vittorio Rosa.
From some time and for many reasons my current interest in Chrysidids is evolving in function of the same Chrysis.net website.
I’m currently employed at CINECA Interuniversity Consortium, with assignments in user experience, usabilty, accessibilty, software user interfaces, image processing and computer forensics.
Among the many projects that solicit my mind – and that are increasingly difficult to achieve beacuse of the lack of time – I would like to carry out further new features for Chrysis.net website and some new entomological articles already at an advanced stage of drafting.
Education and training
- Specialist degree in Geological Science, awarded at the Faculty of Scienze Fisiche Matematiche Naturali of the University of Bologna, with experimental theses: “Concretions of the North Adriatic sea: petrographic-paleoecologic characterization”.
- Post-graduate course in Computer Science, awarded at the University of Bologna.
- [currently] consultant at CINECA Interuniversity Consortium, for user experience, usabilty, accessibilty, software user interfaces, image processing and computer forensics.
- Collaboration with the IT company Multimodo (Bologna), for web design and graphics.
- Collaboration with CLUEB publishing house, for analog and digital photography, digital acquisition of manuscripts of the ‘Biblioteca Universitaria’ of Bologna and the Royal College of Spain in Bologna.
- Project of courses on office automation for corporate employees.
- Theoretical-Experimental School of Scanning Electron Microscopy in Material Science, edited by the Società Italiana di Microscopia Elettronica.
- Experimentation at the Laboratory of Radiodating of Montecuccolino (ENEA, Bologna) for 14C and U-Th dating of fossil samples.
- Participation to the cruise IGM-CNR ‘CS96’ for oceanographic researched perfomed in the Channel of Sicily aboard the vessel “Urania”.
- Experimental theses on petrography, mineralogy and paleoecology with optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, chemical microanalysis, X-Ray diffraction.
- Military service (1994-1995) as tank gunner on the Leopard 1 A1 tank, with training on individual and platoon firearms, protection of people and sensitive targets.
Curation of the book: Agnoli Mario, Bologna «città aperta». Settembre 1943 – Aprile 1945. Minerva Edizioni, Bologna. 2021. After 46 years, the memories of Mario Agnoli, mayor of Bologna from the 18th September 1943 to the dawn of 21st April 1945, are back in the bookstores. The volume – released in 1975 and quickly out of print – traces the events of a crucial historical period for the Bolognese, collects vintage photographs and reproductions of letters and documents concerning the events and episodes that characterized the Agnoli administration. This second edition, revised and corrected according to the instructions left by the author to the family, is enriched with unpublished documents and represents an important source for scholars and history buffs. […]
Rosa P. & Agnoli G. L., 2019 – Two new outstanding species of the genus Hedychridium Abeille from Kyrgyzstan (Hymenoptera: Chrysididae). Zoosystematica Rossica, 2019, 28(1): 42–50.
Agnoli G.L., 2005 – The genus Methocha in Europe: a discussion on taxonomy, distribution and likely origin of its known species and subspecies (Hymenoptera Tiphiidae Methochinae).
Bulletin of Insectology 58 (1): 35-47, 2005 – ISSN 1721-8861. read more
Agnoli G.L., 1995 – Una nuova sottospecie sarda di Parnopes grandior (Pallas, 1771) (Hymenoptera Chrysididae) [A new subspecies of Parnopes grandior (Pallas, 1771) from Sardinia]. Boll. Soc. ent. ital., Genova, 127 (1): 49-52, 30.6.1995. read more
Bologna fra storia e fantasia [Bologna between history and fantasy]
Comastri Montanari D., Macchiavelli L. & Bergonzoni F.
Fotographs by G.L. Agnoli, M. Gerussi, V. Manieri, Drawings by F. Bergonzoni
Ed. CLUEB, Bologna, 2001
Web site design
The websites that I signed, working together with many colleagues and friends, are now lost in the history of the Web. That’s why I avoid a list, since everything changes quickly.
Copyright, Authorship, and Ownership statements
All text and images of this page are copyright ©️ Chrysis.net unless otherwise stated - please see individual cases for authorship and copyright details. The specimens pictured are from the authors' or other collaborators' personal collections and from the collections of various museums. Unless otherwise specified, the whole content of this web site is for personal, non-commercial, scientific, and educational purposes given proper accreditation to the page from which they were derived are provided, and under Chrysis.net Terms and Conditions.
For citation purposes
Agnoli G.L. & Rosa P. (2023) Gian Luca Agnoli, in: Chrysis.net website. Interim version 27 September 2023, URL: https://www.chrysis.net/about/gian-luca-agnoli/.