Last updated on August 27th, 2020
Countries known to us (literature, personal records, Museum collections):
Europe (W and East)
England and Wales
France (articulata and latronum2)
Italy (articulata and latronum2)
Romania (articulata and sisala3)
Russia (NW,-C,-E,-S, Siberia and Far East)
Turkmenistan (articulata and picipes5)
- Methocha articulata (Latreille, 1792) and Methocha articulata nigrescens Hoffer, 1938, described from Moravia and Slovak Republic, subspecies that we couldn’t examine.
- Methocha articulata (Latreille, 1792) and Methocha latronum (Guichard, 1972), described from Corsica (France) and found also in Sardinia (Italy).
- Methocha articulata obscura Hoffer, 1938, described from the Slovakian-Ukrainian border, subspecies that we couldn’t examine.
- Methocha sisala Nagy, 1968, described from the Carpathian Basin (Romania), subspecies that we couldn’t examine.
- Methocha picipes (Morawitz, 1890), described from “Transcaspia”, subspecies that we couldn’t examine.
Copyright, Authorship, and Ownership statements
All text and images are copyright ©️ Chrysis.net unless otherwise stated - please see individual cases for authorship and copyright details. The specimens pictured are from the authors' or other collaborators' personal collections and from the collections of various museums. Unless otherwise specified, the whole content of this web site is for personal, non-commercial, scientific, and educational purposes given proper accreditation to the page from which they were derived are provided, and under Chrysis.net Terms and Conditions.
For citation purposes
Agnoli G.L. (2021) European distribution of Methocha wasps, in: Chrysis.net website. Interim version 18 January 2021, URL: https://www.chrysis.net/resources/methocha/european-distribution/.